Thursday, May 31, 2007

Death and stupidity

If I should die before I arrive [to harding] I pray thee Lord my soul to keep....
seriously, I am going to be saying this pray repeaditly over the next couple of days.

Also, if I make it to the gloryland in the next two days, please remember:
1.) I am adamant that NOBODY eats after my funeral. I do not want a family gathering where everbody swaps stories and laughs. Something just ain't right about that. At least mourn me for one single day!
2.) Wait at least a week before you guys fight over my possessions because I know yall are dreaming of having your own minature element skateboard one day, and you're beginning to imagine that maybe that day will be very, very soon.

There is a very good reason for my prayers and informal will . Last weekend, I had several EXTREMELY near-death experiences. The story begins several weeks ago, when I decided to carpool with a lady from my class. We had to travel to Seary three weekends in a row for classes; I thought I was being smart and cost-efficient by riding with someone else, but little did I know that saving a few dollars in gas might cost me my life. Although gas is over $3, the value of my precious soul is worth more, at least that is what I keep telling my self. To the near-death story....before we left my driver's neighborhood she has already confessed that she didn't know where the break is on the car, and she pointed out the exact spot where she had a "horrible accident." You would think that this might be the hint that I need to jump ship, but nope....I contently remained in the passanger side assuring my self that it could only get better.

As I'm writing this story, I'm beginning to think that I might be just a tad bit dim-witted*. This is a realization that I've never had before. Blogging really makes you exame yourself; maybe I should stop blogging while I'm still only debating if I'm dim-witted. What if I'm one of those people who is oblivious to their stupidity? I know some people like that; if it weren't happening to me, it would almost be funny for someone to have always looked down on dim-witted people to only realize late in life that they actaully fit in the category of dim-witted. Maybe someone can comment on how smart I am?????????? But then there is alwasy the chance they just don't want me to think I'm dim-witted, even though I really am. Sometimes things are best not known, so I guess I'm okay as long as I'm obliviously dim-witted.

*in the original post this word was stupid, but eveything inside my teacher body was repelled by "that bad word." As a teacher, calling someone stupid is up there with the worst of the cuss words. I couldn't think of a nice word for stupid so I looked it up in the thesaurus and found "dim-witted."

Back to the near-death stuff. As we are driving along, all of the sudden we are slowly veering to the shoulder for no go reason. When I mentioned to the driver that we were no longer in our lane her response was "oh I'll eventually drift back over." I wanted to say "will that be before or afer you've rammed into some semi and killed all of us?" We also got up to near 90 mph. Maybe that doesn't sound so bad, but if you remember that I'm riding with a lunatic who "casually veers in and out of lanes," doesn't know where the brakes are, and drives with two fingers on the wheel then maybe you will understand why I was terrified. Is education really worth near-death experiences? Either it is or like I was debating before I'm just stupid because I'm going to ride with this lady again!!

3 comments:

Keisha said...

was it really that bad? you say you almost died every week. :)

Allen said...

I casually vier all the time. The real question is how do they park?

Brian and Michelle said...

The sad thing is, this lady sounds like me driving! A little too carefree! My husband says he doesn't know how I make it around town driving by myself but guess what? 3 years and counting for NO ACCIDENTS!!! =) Knock on Wood!

P.S. I hope this blog is who I think it is or else you might think I'm crazy b/c you don't know who I am!!!!