Monday, June 4, 2007

gas leaks, cardboard, and deer...what is wrong with the world today

I'm totally and completely outraged. I just spent the last two hours trying to figure out why my check engine light was on. Come to find out, someone had siphoned the gas out of my car. The siphoning isn't even what infuriated me. No, what is over-the-edge infuriating is that the person who stole my gas didn't even take the time to put my gas cap back on. This means that I had to drive home with the fear that I and my car might combust (spelling?) at any point. Seriously, if you ever get in the situation where you feel you must steal gas from someone (desperate times do call for desperate measures)at least have the common courtesy to put their cap back on. What has our world come to when people can't even be bothered to return the cap from a tank they just siphoned. Sounds to me like "the world is going to hell in a hand basket."

On top of all that tragedy, I saw a deer fly across the street like a piece of cardboard. All of the cars in front of me stopped, and I'm thinking "guys, it's no big deal...keep moving....it's just a piece of cardboard....if you really want to examine cardboard go to wal-mart." Then I saw the cardboard get up and run and then realized it was a deer. On a serious note, I hope the deer is okay. I keep imagining it in pain in the woods. I hope not.

6 comments:

Keisha said...

That was soooo scary!!!

Anonymous said...

Where are these woods called pain?

Brian and Michelle said...

ok, so my check engine light comes on randomly...how do you know if someone is siphoning your gas???

Anonymous said...

That sounds funny. Look at flying piece of cardboard, no it's a deer. Wow, this blog gets funnier everyday.

Anonymous said...

You are really funny. The nerve of some people. I mean steal your gas and not take the time to put your cap back on. Thiefs are not what they use to be

Keisha said...

update please